Prairie Portraits

Pictures and prose of the people I treasure.

Monday, November 24, 2008

Prairie Rugrat


I laugh...
at the things you put up with. one day I am sure the tables will turn and the girls are gonna have some dues to pay. but for now, they rule the roost.

I love...
hearing your little feet come stomping across the dining room towards the kitchen when I am making supper and hearing you say, "My help you Mommy?" every evening without fail. I take you down the cups and silverware and you grunt and huff and puff your way over to the table. Then you hunt down the sock box (your personal stool), push it over to the counter where I am working and climb up to keep me company and snatch any stray pieces of food you can get your little mitts on. It's become one of my favourite rituals in the day.

No comments: