I love...
seeing you appear in Sherlock Holmes costume, or any costume for that matter. You are so passionate in your dress up and role playing, it's truly entertaining.
I enjoyed...
an afternoon alone with you in the city. I didn't enjoy the city. but I did enjoy you.
I laughed...
when I asked you what you would like for a special treat on our "date". You replied, "Cake." Of course. "Where shall we get the cake?" I asked. "At the bank." you matter of factly insisted. "The bank?" asked I. "Yeah. You know, where you get the money out?" "Um. Yeah. Well, I've never seen cake at the bank."
Your eyes got big and you launched into a "tale" of having seen a fantastic spiderman cake last time we went to the bank. Apparently while I was getting money out of the bank machine you were drooling over this cake you saw in the window. Only problem being I have never taken you INTO the bank with me. So I asked you, "I don't remember you ever coming into the bank with me. Are you sure that wasn't a dream?" You were adamant that it was *not* a dream. You did come in once and there WAS a fantastic spiderman cake at the bank. You were so sure, and I am so prone to be scatterbrained that I *almost* was ready to believe that you had indeed seen a spiderman cake at the bank. Then... sheepishly... "Oh.... never mind." My face starts to break into a grin, "What?" Even more sheepishly... "Never mind!" Oh this is good. "Why never mind?" I ask. With an embarassed air, "I remember now... it *was* a dream." Oh the dreams of childhood... so real you can taste them.
No comments:
Post a Comment