Prairie Portraits

Pictures and prose of the people I treasure.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Prairie Poppet

I laugh when....
  • you interact with Prairie Pumpkin. It usually goes something like this;
  • "cutey. patooty. cutey. patooty. whassa matter, whassa matter cutey. patooty.?" (can you feel the rythm happening?)
  • or; "Sumo Seth, Sumo Seth, Sumo, Sumo, Sumo Seth".
  • or; "come here you little jigger, you da man." (okay that one literally almost gave me a hernia).
I also *really* enjoyed your scrapbook page project of you in front of Mount Robson, and your caption. Mawnt Evrest and Me. I guess I need to work a little harder on the Geography this year (not to mention the spelling), but hey, you are only entering first grade after all and I didn't even know you *knew* about Mt. Everest, so you get bonus points for that, not to mention the immaculate printing. And Robson *is* a pretty grandiose mountain after all...

And here's the clincher. the grand finale. the redneck comment par excellence. When I told you; "Oh girl you crack me up." you gasped and said "Wha???? I don't make you p--p! Yeah. We are *that* kind of family.

No comments: