Prairie Portraits

Pictures and prose of the people I treasure.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Prairie Girl


I loved it when...

  • your father and I were discussing the pro's and con's of sending you to school for your senior years (a long way off I know) and you became slightly indignant. You voiced your current opinion that you would not enjoy that (I recognize that this may and inevitably will change at some point) and when asked why replied; "because you would all be learning and laughing together, and I would miss that." This warmed my heart because it showed me that as much as you love other kids and being with people in general, you love being with us the most. That is the nicest and most beautiful knowledge a parent could possess. I also loved that you used the word laughing. I'm almost crying as I write this. I know I have had my share of sadness in life, and to know that you equate being with me and the rest of your family to laughter means the world to me. I. love. you.