Prairie Portraits

Pictures and prose of the people I treasure.

Friday, April 3, 2009

Don't CRUSH those....


Wrestling around with your little brother on the floor yesterday I hear you "oomph" and call out "Watch my crush!"

And therein begins the tale of you trying to keep your first boy secret from me. Apparently B-Boy had told you a new word. When I asked you, perplexed, what you were referring to, you went deadpan right away and I saw your Adam's apple do a doubletake.

"Oh yeah. I forgot. That's a word for boy ears only." you informed me.

"Oh really? Well, I don't think there are any words that five year old boys should be saying that Mommies shouldn't be hearing."

"Okay."

"So what was the word, anyway?" (bad of me I know, but my curiosity had the better of me).

"No, Mommy. I really can't tell you."

"Oh come on. You can."

Embarassed giggle. "No, Mommy. I *really* can't."

*The Look* from me.

"Al-right...." blush, blush, giggle, giggle.

"THIS...." pointing at your groin... "is a CRUSH."

Snicker from me. "A crotch?"

Blank stare, then a lightbulb. "Oh yeah. That's it."

"Yeah... that's it."

3 comments:

Chris said...

Oh. Too. Funny. These confessions can be so painfully humorous.

Tricia said...

Too funny!

Blessings!

Alleluiabelle said...

The tears from laughter were running down my cheeks as I read through this. You're one of my favorites P.C. that's for sure. Life's moments with children are always such a pick-me-up, but I gotta admit, this one floored me LOL!

Hugs,
Alleluiabelle