Prairie Portraits

Pictures and prose of the people I treasure.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Prairie Guy



Thank You...
for letting me go ahead with the cat endeavor even though everything in your personal interests and desires is counter cat. For giving us the chance to earn this money and contribute to family life in this way. For saying "This is your thing. Whatever you decide I will support you." That's the world on a platter to me.

For going to the store to buy treats for the girls when you heard about how they had washed the breakfast dishes this morning before I came down. That was special, I love moments like that. And the interchange between us; "wow, we have great kids." and "yes, we do." I mean, sometimes that fact gets lost in the craziness.

For letting me "out" to scrapbook TWO NIGHTS this week. Wow. I don't know what hit me. And thank you, thank you, thank you for the photo lab. It's the best birthday present EVER.

For conversing with me about tough stuff. We are getting so much better about that than we used to be, not to imply we don't have a ways to go yet, but I really appreciate how far we've come

For making family devotions a priority and for taking the lead in this vital and foundational aspect of our family life. I so enjoy the discussions we have, the worship and the prayer. It is a true highlight of my week.

I Loved...

Taking the quad and going out to the lake for the day. Seeing you relaxed and just "soaking up life" rather than busied with lists and projects and visions and plans.

No comments: