Prairie Portraits

Pictures and prose of the people I treasure.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Prairie Hero


You Made Me Laugh When...
You expressed trepidation at going camping where there was "no toilet" and were convinced that you should "just borrow one of ours."

You wanted to bike over to the neighbours, and I agreed, but after wiping out in the gravel and wailing like a fire truck until I got to you, and me calmly insisting that maybe you weren't old enough to ride over on your own after all you resolutely set your chin and said; "alright then, I guess I'll walk."

I caught pictures of you running buck naked from the pool to the house after you had hung your swimming trunks on the clothesline. (Don't worry I'm too kind to post *those* pictures.)

I caught pictures of you playing in a red velvet cape and your sister's pink flip flops (I'm not too kind to post that one though!)You informed me that maybe you were "part" girl, because you love sugar so much and girls are made of sugar and spice. Hmmm... should I be concerned here between the feminine attire and and sexual identity comment? Nah, your big sisters just help you stay in touch with your feminine side :D

I'm Proud Of You Because...
You are such a great helper around the house. Taking the garbage out to the burn barrel (and then helping me chase it down and clean it up when the bag broke half way on a windy day), wiping the table after meals, helping us pick stuff up and put it away.

No comments: